Whenever Microgaming is ready to release another slot, online gambling enthusiasts hold their breath and become excited. This time is no different, because Microgaming is going to take you on a journey through mythology with Hot as Hades. You will be in good hands, because you will have run-ins with Medusa, Poseidon, and Zeus himself. Is Hot as Hades another hit, or does it offer something that we have already seen in other slots before?
The Hot as Hades review
This Microgaming-powered video slot offers 20 fixed paylines and 5 reels. The game does not take itself too seriously, and the tongue in cheek appearance of the cartoon mythology theme represents this. The graphics here are truly stellar, and you will really feel the heat as you experience fireballs, boiling lava, and much more.
As previously mentioned, you are going to come across a bevy of mythological factors, including Zeus’ lightning bolt, Poseidon’s ocean, and Medusa’s snakes. It is possible to play Hot as Hades with a variety of different bets, which makes this a great option whether you want to bet a little or want to bet a lot.
The base game
It is possible to play the Super Mode Free Spins feature in the base game with Hot as Hades. You get five free spins, and this is triggered at random. This leads to a symbol transforming into a Held Wild, and if you have three, you can expect some decent earnings. You will have a 2 x multiplier for your winnings if you have three Held Wilds. You could win upwards of 2,000 times your stake – that should be enough to get anyone excited.
The Quest for the Crystal Helm Bonus feature
This bonus feature is undoubtedly the star attraction of Hot as Hades. You can play this if you have three or more scatter symbols anywhere. You need to reclaim the Crystal Helm, which Hades’ conniving godly siblings are trying to keep from you. There are five levels that you have to make it through:
• Level 1 – Travel to the Pillars of Awesomeness. This has four cash prizes and a ‘Win All’ option.
• Level 2 – Travel to Medusa’s Gaze and choose your own path. There is an end option, one ‘Win All’ option, and three cash prizes.
• Level 3 – Travel to Poseidon’s Ocean and pick the right shell. Be careful though, because you have two end options here.
• Level 4 – Journey to Zeus’ Stairway and choose your cloud, there are two end options and two cash prizes.
• Level 5 – The final level is the Chamber of the Crystal Skull. You get two choices when you choose a chest.
Even though that might sound complicated at first, it is going to pay out handsomely if you get to the Crystal Helm. The graphics of Hot as Hades are truly amazing and the many mythological figures are sure to keep you entertained as well. When it releases in July, we know that many people are going to love playing Hot as Hades.